Popular Posts

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The motive ...

I was a second year Film/TV student at Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia, during early 2004.

We were given a homework to write a 3 -5 minutes short film script and had to pitch to the whole class; I was heavily influenced by Quentin Tarantino (how cliché), and I was attempting to write a short three-points-conflict scene in a kitchen, and left a twist at the end ...

Anyhow, the class did not buy the idea, at all ... but the seed was sown. First lesson of film making: GOTTA KILL THE BABY! In this rare occasion, the 'child' was born; and grown from a tiny little idea of a short film to an ambitious feature film concept.

"Aim at the stars, and you will land on a cloud." Or something like that kind of motivational quotations have encouraged me to "THINK BIG!"

NOTE: I blame this man: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/

No comments:

Post a Comment