Popular Posts

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Hollywood dream ...

Why do I want to spend maybe 10 years to write a film script?

Well ... Once upon a time, in Beijing ...

Between I was 5 to 10, if I remembered correctly; My mother was a cinema projectionist for Chinese military; so I literally grew up in the cinema as mum's side kick ... ever heard a crying baby from the projection room ... well, that was me! Something like this ...


Enough of me ... it's not a autobiography film i'm writing ... my point is that I have been watching a movie a day since I was 5 ... sometime 3 or 4 movies a day ... slowly, an obvious idea has grown in my mind, that I should be making a movie too!

What makes a great movie? Here is a list: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

I know that everyone has different tastes, but if I was going to write an epic film, which i am; it has to have the following 10 things (at least):

1. Set on a land of imagination
2. An original concept, not the remakes of remakes
3. Action, but not like a 60 minutes of big robots warfare
4. Hollywood eye-candy special FX
5. A touching story line
6. Great character development
7. Cinematography, Mise-En-Scene, Editing, and Sound (4 elements of Film Style)
8. A controversial topic, pushing the limit
9. In-depth research on the subject
10. Make you laugh and cry

Oh ... and don't forget the SUSPENSE ... nothing worse than knowing the ending half way through!



No comments:

Post a Comment